We're back with a new look and some exciting news! Our friends at Water Street Studios are hosting us for the Geneva Film Festival Brew and View on Friday, February 24th.
Please join us for this free event! Doors open at 6 pm for a social hour - Water Street Studios will provide a cash bar with beer and wine for sale, and we'll also have water, soft drinks, popcorn and candy available for purchase. We recommend that you come early, as seating is limited. Donations to Water Street will be accepted and appreciated. Tell your friends—hope to see you there! Please RSVP on Facebook for the latest updates.
Eight short films will be featured in two blocks beginning at 7:00 pm. There will be a 15-minute intermission between blocks. The short films we'll be screening include:
- Rabbit and Deer —Cute animated short. The friendship of rabbit and deer is tested by deer’s desire to go beyond 2 dimensions.
- My Forest —Travel through the forest from the view of a child.
- A House, a Home—A love is reconciled in a subterranean world.
- Kavinsky—A young man must pass an interrogation to take his Russian girlfriend to dinner.
- Sumer—Animated short about survival in a world that has been decimated, yet hope prevails.
- When the Hurlyburly’s Done—Intense dramatic short.
- The Club—A club that is not what it initially seems.
- The Godmother—A quick paced romantic-action-comedy in which a woman is convinced by her mother to kill her mobster husband.
Water Street Studios is located at 160 S. Water Street, Batavia, IL 60510. It is nestled in the heart of the beautiful Fox River Valley. Water Street is 2 blocks west of the Fox River and the studio is 1-1/2 blocks south of the main crossroad through downtown, E. Wilson St.
About the Geneva Film Festival
The Geneva Film Festival is a non-profit organization run by a dedicated team of volunteers who devote their time and energy to produce world-class, quality events for all involved. The Geneva Film Festival provides a unique experience that attracts repeat audiences. Sponsored by the Cultural Arts Commission in Geneva, Illinois, the Geneva Film Festival has rapidly become a well-known venue for filmmakers, writers, producers, and actors to screen a variety of independent films. If you have not attended a film festival before, Brew & View hosted by Water Street Studios is the perfect introduction.
The Geneva Film Festival is preparing to celebrate its 10th Anniversary in 2018. Attend Geneva Film Festival Brew and View Sponsored by Water Street Studios for a fun-filled preview of fantastic things to come.
About Water Street Studios
Water Street Studios is a nonprofit 501(c) 3, committed to making the creative arts accessible to the Fox Valley community. Our mission is to be a vibrant organization dedicated to the creation and appreciation of the arts, and supporting our core community of Water Street Studio artists, patrons and students.