Feb. 24th, 6-9 pm |Geneva Film Festival Brew & View Sponsored by Water Street Studios
Join us for a fun night of independent film! Doors open at 6 pm for a bit of socializing, and then we'll screen a selection of 9 short films from past years of the Geneva Film Festival starting at 7 pm. Admission is free- and donations to Water Street Studios will be accepted and appreciated.
Come early! Seating is limited. Water Street Studios will provide a cash bar with beer and wine for sale. We'll also have soda, popcorn and candy for sale. Tell your friends - RSVP on Facebook here. We hope to see you there! Here are the films we'll be showing:
- Rabbit and Deer —Cute animated short. The friendship of rabbit and deer is tested by deer’s desire to go beyond 2 dimensions.
- My Forest —Travel through the forest from the view of a child.
- A House, a Home—A love is reconciled in a subterranean world.
- Kavinsky—A young man must pass an interrogation to take his Russian girlfriend to dinner.
- Sumer—Animated short about survival in a world that has been decimated, yet hope prevails.
- When the Hurlyburly’s Done—Intense dramatic short.
- The Club—A club that is not what it initially seems.
- The Godmother—A quick paced romantic-action-comedy in which a woman is convinced by her mother to kill her mobster husband.
10th Annual Geneva Film Festival Coming Soon: 2018!
Stay tuned for details, and subscribe to our mailing list here for the latest Geneva Film Festival news. We look forward to sharing more details with you as they come!
Thanks for a great 9th Annual Geneva Film Festival!
We want to send a HUGE thanks to Bill Hogan and The RAW Image for creating this outstanding video montage of the 2016 Geneva Film Festival! Complete with filmmaker interviews, commentary from our Executive Director, Scott Rolf, plus volunteer interviews, and a behind the scenes look at what goes into pulling off this event.
About the Geneva Film Festival
The Geneva Film Festival is a non-profit organization run by a dedicated team of volunteers who devote their time and energy to produce world-class, quality events for all involved. The Geneva Film Festival provides a unique experience that attracts repeat audiences each year. Sponsored by the Cultural Arts Commission in Geneva, Illinois, the Geneva Film Festival has rapidly become a well-known venue for filmmakers, writers, producers, and actors to screen a variety of independent films and screenplays.
The Geneva Film Festival is a non-profit organization which relies heavily on the generous support of our public and private sponsors and affiliates to make this event possible. We value your participation!
Located just 40 miles west of Chicago in Kane County, the city of Geneva is an exciting community that is home to many artists and unique retail businesses. More importantly, the people of Geneva pride themselves on being a sophisticated audience with a warm affection for the art of filmmaking.